The Special Executive Membership Course (Master Class 11) organised by the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations took place at Edidas Hotel, Apo Zone D Extension, Abuja from 24th to 28th August, 2015.
The programme, which drew thirty-two participants from different private and public organisations featured presentations on various topics on public relations practice with some thorough bred professionals as resource persons.
Following intensive deliberations and analytical review of issues, challenges and prospects of PR practice generally, with specific reference to experiences of resource persons and participants, the following resolutions were made:
1. Organisations should consider PR practice as a critical management function and should, therefore, involve the PR practitioners in their policy formulation, programme formulation and execution;
2. All organisations should henceforth ensure that only practitioners who are accredited by the NIPR are employed to cover their PR duties;
3. All public and private sector organisations should accord priority to the training and retraining of their PR personnel;
4. That PR practitioners are encouraged to invest time and resources on self-development;
5. PR practitioners are advised against acts that are at variance with the ethics of the profession, no matter whose interest is at stake.
6. The participants commended the ongoing reforms by the Governing Council of the …read more