Develop a communications plan using digital strategies to create awareness for the Pepsi Football Academy, the Scholarship and the unveiling ceremony.
- Viral Engagement Technique
Commission fun and trendy social influencers to encourage football lovers to show off their football skills holding a bottle of Pepsi
- Emotional Storytelling Technique
Use powerful emotional stories of PFA alumni’s journeys to success and return to create awareness, connect and ignite passion in prospective members, their parents/guardians, the media and others.
Innovation and Creativity
This was the overall theme behind the communication strategies that were employed throughout the campaign.
Speaking to young football lovers who are on a journey to live/fulfill their dreams
Implementation And Design, Production, Logistics, And Support Teams
Pre-event (June 10-13, 2015)
“The Warm Up”
- To excite and generate conversations, young fun and bubbly influencers were commissioned to create conversations on social about the PFA Scholarship Selection, using the hashtag #PFAwarmup
- The agency also created short videos of staff members juggling a soccer ball, which were posted on social platforms. The commissioned influencers were encouraged to make similar videos so as to further drive conversations on social, and create excitement for the finale.
- Facts about the PFA, its graduates, etc. were used to design creative & artwork that were used in blog posts announcing the event, and also shared on social.
PFA Selection Camp
- Real-time updates of daily activities from the selection camp were shared on social platforms (mainly Twitter, Facebook and Instagram), with the hashtag #PFAScholars
- Short video clips of winning goals/players showing off football skills during the matches, and other activities at the camp were also posted to further drive conversation.
- Inspiring, human-angle stories of past winners were written and pitched to journalists and bloggers to drive awareness and anticipation towards the finale.
Logistics and support team facts
- An agency consultant was at the selection camp from the event opening, live tweeting and sending in content for social.
- Agency staff arrived at the camp on DAY 2, to gather content for social and develop post-event stories.
- 2 social media influencers were also on ground to further drive conversation about the event via live tweets and photos.
Stories and photos from the event were used to generate inspiring content that were pushed out on popular blogs.
The campaign exceeded the set target of 10 million impressions, and the 2 hashtags used trended on Twitter (twice each) over the course of the 4-day campaign.
- 52,059,063 social media impressions in 7 days.
- 2,827,902 people reached in 7days.
- Over 95 online media mentions: Including Naij.com, Linda Ikeji’s blog, Bellanaija.com and Pulse.ng (all on the top 10 news sites in Nigeria)
Budget and cost effectiveness