CEO ID Africa, Femi Falodun was recently a guest on Hi-Impact’s Tea Or Coffee to give informed insights on ‘Digital Resources In Public Relations’ and its application to the business of brand management.
The Marketing Communications (Digital Media, Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations) industry is rapidly evolving across the world largely due to new technological inventions and advancements, and Femi encourages young professionals to constantly explore available resources to aid their work.
Here are five salient points Femi made during the insightful chat with Hi-Impact:
1. Public Relations is a form of marketing
- PR is simply a form of marketing which involves getting the public to have good relations with an individual or organisation. It’s the art of bridging the gap between a brand (person, company, government e.t.c) and the public (the people that matter to the brand or company or individual.
- Consultants’ job is to make those relationships smooth and easy, such that the public see the organisation in a good light.
- Part of the work that PR people do is crisis management (combat trolling, fake news, negative reviews and feedback).
2. Digital Resources have become an integral part of PR